Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby Shower and Girls' Night







Last Thursday night was my baby shower in Milwaukee, thrown by seven of my mom's friends. It was wonderful! The shower was themed around children's books. Everyone had a laminated paper placemat of a child's book, books decorated the room, and we played a trivia game about the characters of well-loved books. For a bookworm like me, it was perfect! We also played the measuring game--everyone estimated the circumference of my belly with a piece of yarn and then measured it around me to see how they did. Most people had way too much string! Diane and Kathy were closest...they both guessed smaller than I was, bless them! Mom gave me a beautiful flannel baby quilt she made, and everyone else spoiled this baby with wonderful gifts as well. 

Friday was a girls' night in Chicago. Jenn, Diane, Kathy and I drove down from Milwaukee and met Amy G. and Kelly Cook at Spiaggo for a delicious dinner, followed by dessert at Ghiradelli's (massive ice cream sundaes!). Thanks, girls--it was great to hang out and catch up! The non-locals (me, Jenn, and Kathy) spent the night at Diane's beautiful house in Beverly and were served a lovely breakfast by her husband Matt the next morning. Ed joined me in Chicago and we spent time with Dustin and Kelly and then Di and Matt, with a quick trip to Nacional 27 (our favorite restaurant) in between. It was a great trip!

No comments: