Monday, September 7, 2009

Barefooting!

This weekend I finally did it! I got up for about 5 seconds last summer before I got pregnant, but hadn't been able to do it since. Half the battle is getting your body turned around as the boat accelerates up to speed--stomach muscles I was lacking as this summer began. Then it's all about technique: putting your feet in the water. This weekend, after a first attempt wipeout (which you'll see), I was able to put both pieces together.
I was thrilled to barefoot again, and to feel pretty stable doing it. And once you get up, it really feels as easy as it looks when everyone else does it! Can't wait until next weekend to do it again. Check out the video..






Not to be outdone, Thomas started working on his abs so he'd be ready to barefoot next summer.

1 comment:

barb said...

Congrats, Lisa!!! i wouldn't be able to do that if my life depended on it!!! Super job. Barb