Sunday, July 17, 2011

Alli and Micah visit + the zoo

Alli and Micah were in town for a work conference Alli had signed up for, so they came over for dinner and spent the night. It was a short, but fun, visit, and Micah got to hang out Saturday morning for French toast and a trip to the zoo. I told him it was just a warm-up for his trip to the Millers in August. Our one child would look downright quiet and docile (ha ha!) compared to the five in that house! :)

Thomas had a great time running around the backyard with them all evening. He even shared his hats.

Saturday morning Micah, Ed, Thomas and I went to the zoo. It was HOT. Most of my pictures from the zoo are either of animals by themselves or of the back of T's head as he watches the animals, so not very exciting. But he had a great time, pointing out all the animals and making their noises. The monkey (chimp? orangutan?) house was definitely the highlight--for us adults because it was air conditioned and for T because the monkeys were just so much fun to watch.

My belly made a great back support for T as he watched animals.

Giant turtles!

Watching the lion (I think) with daddy.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I think I'm offended.... our house is a model of peace and tranquility...MB