Monday, December 12, 2011

The doorknob saga and other stories

Thomas recently locked himself in our bedroom. It was actually unintentional--the knob was locked, and he went into the room and shut the door while I was changing Josiah's diaper. I spent about 10 minutes trying to talk him through unlocking the door, but no dice. He happened to be wearing big boy underpants that day, and between him telling me through the door that he needed to go potty, and me wanting to get him out before he got upset and/or found my computer, I decided to break in. When he wasn't trying to unlock the door, TJ played Ed's guitar (and dropped a pick and several quarters into it!). Thanks to a channel lock pliers, I was able to wrench off the door knob and free him. Now to get a new doorknob without a lock...





 The photo didn't turn out great, but if you look closely you can see how I abused the cuff to get the knob off. Thank goodness for cheap doorknobs!




Happily, this is where Jojo hung out, passed out, while I was trying to free Thomas. Much easier than if I was dealing with a fussy baby and a locked-in kid.



This has nothing to do with the locked door, but this is what Thomas did to his football. Apparently we don't feed him enough? Because he likes to eat Nerf.

No comments: