Thursday, February 23, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

When I was born, my dad bought me a stuffed elephant that played the song "You Are My Sunshine." Ever since both of the boys were born, I've been singing them that song. I shouldn't be surprised that Thomas has picked up the words--that kid mimics EVERYTHING he hears, and his song repertoire is quite impressive.
What's not quite as impressive is his pitch. Either he has inherited my tone deaf-ness, or hearing my singing it out of key for the last three years has given him a bad example to mimic. He often asks me to sing "the sunshine song," and recently he has been singing it to Josiah. Very sweet!



I also want to point out that Jojo was fussy before TJ started singing--so he's not reacting to the serenading!                                      

No comments: