Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

...aka My kids don't like the guts

Since the kids really aren't old enough to carve yet, we decided that doing one jack o lantern would be plenty. 

I encouraged both of them to help me scoop out the gunk inside.

 They weren't interested.

Although Josiah may have had a change of heart later. Here he is trying to scoop out an uncut pumpkin.

 Thomas directed me as to what the face should look like. My ideas, such as having the nose be an upside-down triangle, were vehemently vetoed.

Our completed jack o lantern! TJ was very protective of him. Halloween night, I wanted to put him outside and I had to fight TJ to do that. He wanted him to stay inside where it was warm.

 Two nights later we went the cannibalistic route and had a pumpkin for dinner, following a recipe I found online. The pumpkin is stuffed with brown rice, sausage, mushrooms, and a little bit of curry powder. It was a hit with all four of us!

Jojo in an old shirt of TJ's.


No comments: