Sunday, January 18, 2015

NU vs. ND - Game of the Year!

We bought tickets to attend the NU-ND football game back in the summer. As the date approached, I was excited, but definitely wondered if the game would be worth all the logistics involved in making it happen (multiple babysitters, pumping while we were gone, etc.). I am SO GLAD we went.

This was the second-best NU game I've ever seen. The only one that still tops it is NU 54, Michigan 52 in 2000 at Ryan Field.

We tailgated with Kelly's family at a house near the stadium and then moved the party to the stadium parking lot closer to the game. Here's Ed and Dustin carrying a bag full of beer to the parking lot tailgate.

Did I mention it was cold? The Cooks and Diane have season tickets and tailgate every game in Evanston. It was fun for us all to get together in South Bend too!

Me and Diane (who was with me for the epic 2000 game I mentioned above).

I ran into both Danny and Lindsay Jagla, also NU alum and student, and whom I used to babysit at least 20 years ago.


Standing in front of Touchdown Jesus!


We had absolutely no expectation of winning this game. In fact, Ed and I took this picture with the scoreboard in the background to commemorate what we expected would be our last lead of the game. NU usually runs out of steam before the game ends.

The scoreboard (and Ed and Dustin) at the end of the game. Did I mention it was really cold? And the game went into overtime? We were so glad to have on as many layers as we did!
Great job Wildcats!



No comments: