Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pure Michigan in Person

We kicked off our Easter weekend with a little exploring--specifically the dunes by Lake Michigan and South Haven. The coastline on the east side of Lake Michigan is so different from that of Wisconsin and Illinois. And I have to say, so much prettier! We hiked up a large dune at Van Buren State Park, which felt larger than it probably was because I was carrying Jojo on my back and Ed was giving TJ a piggy back. It wasn't terribly warm, but it was a gorgeous afternoon! Then we headed up to South Haven and tried out a great Mexican restaurant. The best part? The Lake is only 35 minutes from our house!

 Talking to daddy

Playing with someone else's sand castle on top of the dune

I love jumping/running down sand dunes. Always have, ever since a church youth group trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes when I was in high school. The last time we visited sand dunes, in the Outer Banks 3.5 years ago, I was pregnant and didn't get to jump much. I tried to show TJ how to do it. I admit I was really hoping he'd get running so fast that he'd roll down the hill. That didn't happen, so I helped him out a bit.

1 comment:

Grammy aka Lindy said...

Brings back memories of the picture of the youth group where you are all "in flight". Good times, then and now:)