Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A weekend in Cincinnati

In mid October, we headed to Cincinnati for a weekend. MB was going to be in town for her 20th high school reunion, and Alli was coming up from Lexington, so we drove down so Ben could meet his two aunts. To break up the drive a bit, we stopped at the Neil Armstrong museum in Ohio. The boys were probably a bit young for it, but they still enjoyed it, and so did we--so much space history that I just didn't know anything about!

 I particularly loved this decal on the bathroom mirror:

The boys didn't totally "get" it, so taking these pics was a bit challenging.

TJ took this shot for me so Ben could be an astronaut too. I left the museum a bit earlier than Ed and the boys so I could feed Ben before we got on the road again. My surprise souvenir from the boys: astronaut ice cream (which I love!).

Here's Aunt Alli with Ben. He's wearing the outfit she bought Thomas when he was born.

Aunt Mary Beth with Ben and her youngest, Rachel.

A little rough housing at the Sisco house. Ed is dangling Jojo over Eli, and TJ is tickling Jojo.

Then Rachel got a turn!

Some snuggle time with Eli

Five cousins hanging out! Usually there are five more when we get together, so it was nice to have a little one-on-one time with Rachel and Eli.

The Sisco Inn was a bit full this weekend, so Ed and the boys slept in Mickey and Mary Ann's camper parked n the driveway.

Peeking through the half door.

Bedtime! They bounced around for about an hour before actually falling asleep. Meanwhile, Ben and I slept in the house in the extra bedroom. The joke was on me, though, as Ben woke up at 6:15 and didn't want to go back to sleep--I thought that by being apart from the boys, I'd get to sleep in!

Saturday morning tradition: dancing to the "football song"

Snuggling with Aunt MB on the couch

We also visited friends while in Cincinnati. I got to introduce Ben to Kelly, who was on her way up to Columbus to run a race.

And we hung out with the Sams, Dreyer and Kuhn families Saturday night. Pizza, football, and Nerf dart guns...what could be better?!

No comments: