Saturday, November 1, 2014

Double baptism!

We held a double baptism for Benjamin and Isaac on October 12th. Ben wore the Demko family dress--he was the 17th baby to wear it, starting with Ed's Aunt Peggy and including Ed's mom, Ed and his siblings and Josiah. Isaac's gown was first worn by my Great Grandpa Reg, my mom, me and Jenn, and Thomas and James. So much history in both of those gowns!

Here's Ben, pre-baptism. Jojo came down with pink eye Friday night on our drive to Milwaukee; Benjamin woke up with it on Saturday morning. We got it treated right away, and you can barely tell in the photos! 
One other side note: whenever one of my babies wears these old gowns, I'm always concerned about the possibility of blow-outs. By the time we dressed Ben, he hadn't pooped in 24 hours. I was nervous! Right as his baptism started, he let loose. It was loud enough for everyone to hear, but fortunately stayed in the diaper!

Ben and his parents

The actual baptism taking place

I love how this photo captures both boys with their hands folded, praying.

Our family, Pastor Bill, and Ben's godparents

Benjamin and his daddy

Ben with his godparents, Pat and Kathy

Cousins in their baptism gowns!

Sisters and cousins

Grammy and Buppa with both babies

Pastor Bill with all of the kids at the baptism!

No comments: