Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Kalamazoo Half Marathon

Kathy and I signed up for the Kalamazoo Half Marathon. We both started training less than 12 weeks beforehand, so our goal was not to die. :) 

Us before the race

Ed and the bigger boys came to cheer us on. 


While Ed and the boys were standing near the finish line, the lady next to them suggested that Ed send TJ over the fence to finish the race with me. The Kalamazoo Gazette got this great shot at the finish. A great picture and a great memory!

Our post-race photo. I finished in 2 hours 17 minutes. I was pretty happy with that and still felt good at the end of the race. 

My cheering squad. They carried the Packer flag around to make it easy for me to find them.

The Friday before the race, there was a kids' fun run (1 mile). TJ had a Little League game, so I took Jojo and Ben. These next two photos would make you think that Jojo loved the race; that couldn't be further from the truth. He sobbed through most of it and begged me to carry him. I have no idea how I ended up with a picture where he's smiling!

All smiles now because it's over! He was thrilled to get a medal.


No comments: