Monday, January 5, 2009

Ruble family Christmas







We started the holiday season at the Rubles' house in Lexington, NC. Our days there were great: lots of food, relaxing, and spending quality time together. We even took a trip to the YMCA to swim and went to Cooks', one of the local BBQ joints for dinner one night. Yum!  There were 10 of us this year--next year we'll be 12! The weather wasn't the sunny days that NC has a reputation for, but we did get out in the rowboat on Christmas day--a far cry from a white Christmas! 
Ed brought his guitar, since he'd been practicing Christmas carols, and let Jakin strum while he played the chords. After Alice and the kids made cut-out cookies, I helped Annie and Corban decorate--with lots of frosting, lots of sprinkles! Mary Beth and I both got cute outfits for the babies, which we tried on the guys' stomachs. Ed and I got some adorable smartwool socks for the baby (and some for ourselves too)! I brought my snoogle pillow to help me sleep, and Corban, Annie, and Ed all tried it out as well. Ed loved his new argyle sweater vest--doesn't it look great with the plaid pajama pants and red shirt? Mary Beth and I took another belly shot, with some help from Annie, who is very excited about her little sister to be and kept talking to the "peanut" in my belly. We really enjoyed the four days of togetherness and can't believe that the family will have two new members the next time we get together!



1 comment:

Pamela said...

HEY YOU!

You look so good!!!!

Thanks for the holiday shots. I am so glad you all had a wonderful holiday!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BABY!

Oh and when does that peanut pop out?