Monday, January 5, 2009

Swenson family Christmas

From Lexington, we drove to Milwaukee by way of an overnight stop in Cincinnati to see friends. We had some more wonderful relaxing days in Milwaukee with my family, with of course, more good food. We watched Northwestern almost pull out its first bowl win in 50+ years, celebrated Barb and Frank's 34th wedding anniversary with them and mom and dad at dinner, and simply hung out. On "Christmas morning," Ed and I modeled our wetsuits...he wanted to get me one with a little extra space, but didn't think I'd actually be able to get it over my belly now! I call this my Shamu picture. Mom and Dad got books from Jenn to ensure that the baby understands its' cheesehead roots. Ed and I got gifts for ourselves--ski bags--and a super soft lion for the zoo-themed baby room. We spent New Year's Eve in Madison with Jenn and Patrick at the Melting Pot (yay!) and had our traditional Christmas brunch with Grandma, just on a different day. We capped the trip off with another family tradition, a trip to Maggiano's for loads of family-style Italian food. Definitely part two of a great Christmas trip!





1 comment:

Pamela said...

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!

You all look so happy!