Saturday, November 9, 2013

Random August pics

Just what it sounds like...a collection of pretty random pictures from August!

Thomas likes to hang out in the boat when it's in the garage. He's happy, he's contained...it's a win-win situation. Until this day. He found the sunscreen in the glove box and decided to coat the boat (and himself) with it. Not cool. Daddy was NOT happy!

Love this hair! Jojo's hair is so fine and light that when the boat is moving it stands on end like this.

One rainy, babysitter-less afternoon, I turned on a movie and made popcorn to preserve my sanity. Ahhh...

Our neighbor Miss Nancy took Thomas and her granddaughter canoeing in the pond behind her house. Thomas' paddle? Nancy's old sorority paddle!

After being squirted one too many times, Jojo tries to refill a squirt gun to seek revenge on TJ. This summer he quickly learned how to turn the hose on at the spigot, watching, as I'm sure you've guessed, his brother. The boys loved to use the hose to spray each other as well as me--I usually would just kink the hose to avoid getting sprayed. Fortunately, the squirt guns were pretty puny and neither boy had much patience with filling them.

We had hoped to go camping this summer and decided to try a dry run in our backyard first. That way, if we were miserable, we could move inside rather than being stuck a couple hours from home. And by "miserable," I mean if the boys were restless, not sleeping, etc.--in general, we really like camping but haven't tried it with kids yet! The boys and I set up the tent my family used when I was growing up. Fortunately, it rained before we had a chance to try it out overnight, so we learned the tent was no longer waterproof without getting soaked while we were sleeping.

No comments: