Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dipping the toes

We had another beautiful weekend at the lake, and Kelly didn't have to study, which made it even better! Saturday afternoon we hung out at the public "beach." I put the word beach in quotes because there is sand, but beyond that detail, it's not great. But we're not too picky, and it was great to relax outside next to the lake (the house we rent is on the lake, but doesn't have a nice area to sit outside along the water). I used the opportunity to introduce Thomas to the lake. I figured since he likes bathtime, he'd like this too. See what you think in the pictures below...

I doubt he realized I was lowering his toes into the water, but some natural instinct made his legs raise higher toward his butt as I lowered him closer to the water. I did eventually get his feet in. 
I didn't realize until I saw these pictures that he really didn't care for the toe dipping...check out the pouty lip!

Greasy/sweaty baby mohawk! Dustin wanted to put product in to make a better mohawk but he wasn't sure when we were next bathing Thomas. 

A few other weekend notes: I decided to try barefooting (first time post-baby) this weekend, and silly me, skipped the padded wetsuit. It didn't take long to remember why this is such a bad idea. I won't post the picture here because the world doesn't need to see it, but let's just say that my right cheek and thigh are a beautiful shade of purple. Oops! 
Tucker and his friend Kristen came up, and we taught her to ski. Tucker, Ed and I also continued training for the triathalon we're doing (in 2 weeks!). Kelly swam and ran with me and Dustin joined the guys for a run after they swam and biked. Not much training time left...hope we'll be ready!

No comments: