Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Girls' & Kids' Weekend

The guys weren't the only ones having fun! The little boys and I came to Mequon and spent the weekend with mom and Jenn, enjoying the glorious weekend.

 
 Outdoor dining--Jojo's first time in a big-boy high chair at a restaurant. He ate baby crackers, TJ inhaled rice and beans, the three of us sampled different tacos at COA, enjoying the outdoor seating.

Blowing bubbles on the patio with Aunt Jenn Jenn. In the photo above, you can see his tongue sticking out as he concentrates on catching the bubbles. Anyone who knows me well will know who he got that trait from!


 Grammy and the boys

 We took the boys to the playground at the local library. Jojo loved the swings and the slide. Look at him balancing on the tire swing like a big boy!

 Swinging. 
 Can't miss out on a stop at Kopp's for ice cream! Thomas initially insisted he didn't want any ice cream. I knew better, so I chose chocolate (rather than Bailey's Irish Cream) because I figured we'd end up sharing. See the cone above? I never got my hands on it again. Sigh...

 The teeter totter at the park. And if you're wondering about the abundance of different shades of green clothing, yes, it was St. Patrick's Day!

Loving the swings! Now we just need to teach him how to pump his legs.

We also brought TJ's new bike to Mequon. Check him out in action--he's pretty speedy!
And a little explanation about the cones. Thomas has been taking a soccer class on Saturdays. During one of the drills, the kids are encouraged to knock over cones by kicking the soccer ball at them. I'm sure that's the only reason that TJ is using his bike as a one-man wrecking machine; yep, that's right. Otherwise I'm sure he'd be swerving amongst them with great skill! :) 

No comments: