Sunday, August 17, 2014

Early August

We tried to squeeze in some fun in early August, not knowing when the baby would arrive. 

First, we attended a Kalamazoo Growlers baseball game. We had great seats and really enjoyed the game. Ed taught the boys about the beer batter (a player selected on the opposing team--if/when he struck out, beer would be sold at a reduced price for the rest of the inning) so they cheered for that and liked watching all of the fun events between innings.


 Unbeknownst to us, it was Cowbell Night at the game. I kept offering to hold the boys' cowbells for safe keeping, and they kept declining. Sadly, the cowbells were "lost" before the next day.

TJ had his tonsils and adenoids removed on July 31. No pictures to commemorate, but he did a fantastic job before, during and after the procedure and during the recovery.


We celebrated Ed's birthday with his traditional favorite--apple pie.

Helping Daddy blow the candles out.

 A massive hail and rain storm on a Friday evening:

Jojo is the family mimic. Usually it's TJ he's copying, but when I lay on my side with my head resting on my arm like this (which I do a lot lately), he likes to do the same thing. It cracks me up!


Trying out a new playground at a local farmer's market. (Plus delicious breakfast, an early lunch pulled pork slider for me, and a stop at a fantastic cheese store!

No comments: